The house is 1 km from the village of Chapletown, with local pub/restaurant, and it is 4 km from the villages of Knightstown and Portmagee both having a selection of bars and restaurants.
A host of local activities await to be explored:
- Boat trips to the world famous Skelligs Rocks and Beginish Island
- Sea Angling and Shore Fishing
- Deep Sea Diving
- Bird Watching
- Nearby Tetrapod tracks and Slate Quarry
- Water Sport activities for children at Knightstown
- Sandy Beaches within easy drive
- Horse Riding
- Two golf courses within 10 miles
For the less adventurous Oaklodge is the ideal place to just laze about and read a book in the garden or in one of the many rest areas within the house.