Oaklodge is situated in a very scenic location and is the ideal base to explore the many scenic walks and drives on Valentia Island and the surrounding areas.
The house is 1 Km from the village of Chapletown, with local pub and restaurant, and it is 4 Km from the villages of Knightstown and Portmagee both having a selection of bars and restaurants.
A host of local activities await to be explored including:
- Boat trips to the world famous historic Skellig Rocks and Beginish Island
- Sea Angling and Shore Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Nearby Tetrapod Tracks and Slate Quarry
- Water Sport activities for children in Knightstown
- Sandy Beaches
- Horse Riding
- 2 Golf Courses within 10 miles
For the less adventurous Oaklodge is the ideal place to just laze about and read a book in the garden or in one of the many rest ar